We’re a team of talented people doing what we love and producing amazing results. We changed the game of CDNs in 2002, when we developed the first TCP anycast CDN. Our mission is to accelerate the pace of CDN by dedicating ourselves to serving customers with the fastest CDN and superior service.
Come join our team! We’re currently hiring for the following positions:
Customer Success Engineer
We’re looking for a tech-savvy Customer Success Engineer (CSE) who will be responsible for maintaining and enhancing the relationship between our team and key external clients. This will include ensuring the continued growth and success of existing client relationships, as well as the effective onboarding of new clients that have been originated by sales. The CSE is responsible for being supportive and attentive to our customers’ needs at every interaction and to champion their issues within the company.
The ideal candidate will have previous networking services/HTTP experience, great customer communication skills, is well organized, can prioritize effectively, and can quickly learn our CDN products and processes.
This is a true hybrid position, requiring both external customer relationship ability, as well as strong internal communication and coordination skills. You will work closely with our clients to understand their unique technical needs and day-to-day operational issues. Once the client’s needs or issues are understood and documented, you will own the follow-up, working closely with the internal operational team to ensure a good outcome for the client.
This full-time position is being staffed in our Chicago loop office and will work in tandem with the sales and support teams. Ultimately, the Customer Success Engineer will manage all post-sales activities for CacheFly customers through strong relationship building, product knowledge, planning, and execution.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be the champion of building and maintaining relationships with new and existing clients and key personnel within customer companies
- Develop a deep knowledge of client’s business, including their future growth plans. Ensure that our servicing solutions are in-line with future customer needs
- Field telephone, email, and chat inquiries from our existing customers regarding account questions, billing inquiries, technical issues, new services, and renewals
- Provide proactive and responsive day-to-day support to customers and ensure efficient and effective solutions are delivered
- Utilize internal client request portal to track and document all client issues and requests
- Work in tandem with the operations team to ensure client needs are fulfilled effectively, and ensure that all interactions with clients are well documented
- Lead calls and presentations with clients to review status of relationships to ensure servicing standards and expectations are met
- Work closely with the sales team to surface opportunities for further sales within key clients
- Manage programs and develop new service offerings that enhances long-term loyalty and satisfaction for key clients
- Carry out client satisfaction surveys and conduct business reviews to ensure clients are satisfied with their products and services
- Prepare communication plans to keep clients up to date with developments within our company offerings
- Updates internal teams with important client news and provide regular updates during team meetings
- Provide support for end-to-end trouble ticket handling, troubleshooting, and resolution on escalated issues
An excellent candidate will have the following qualifications:
- First and foremost, a tech-savvy ‘people person’; friendly & upbeat
- Experience and knowledge working with HTTP, DNS, network routing, common network protocols (TCP/IP), and tools (ping, traceroute)
- Polished and professional interpersonal skills with a passion for providing best-in-class customer service and building valuable relationships with our client base
- Highly organized and detail oriented, able to multitask and manage multiple priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate effectively with customers and other employees thru email and via telephone
- Self-starter who has ability to work independently and see projects through to completion by desired deadline
- Familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system solutions used to manage end-to-end client data and interactions
- Effective time management, decision making, negotiation, presentation, human relations, and troubleshooting/problem solving skills
- Ability to properly set client expectations in balance with their needs and CacheFly’s business strategies and procedures
- Thorough understanding of basic internet functions, and general knowledge of how it is closely associated with content delivery network (CDN)
- Demonstrated willingness to learn, teach, and share knowledge